In the latest and probably one of the greatest newsbreak, Google has banned Huawei from using Android OS and services. Following the Trump’s administration take on top Chinese tech companies, Huawei has faced the latest reign of the US. This would be a huge blow-out news and probably a heartbreak for Huawei Technologies. Apart from Google, Qualcomm, Intel and few other top chipmaker are terminates their further dealings with immediate effect, reports Bloomberg
With this huge heartbreak coming from the US, Google has banned Huawei while revoking it’s Android license. While things might take a while to settle down, we bring you the full story and everything that you need to know about this Google ban Huawei thing in the Internet:
Google Bans Huawei Android (License)
Let’s go on point by point to better understand the story behind Google ban Huawei and what it means to the existing Huawei smartphone users, etc:
- With this ban, Huawei will only be restricted to using the Android Open Source Project (AOSP), which means consumers outside China are now unable to using critical Google apps and services, including Gmail, etc.
- Speaking to Reuters, a Google spokesperson confirmed:
“Google Play and the security protections from Google Play Protect will continue to function on existing Huawei devices.”
Which probably means that the core Play Store services will still remain available on the existing Huawei smartphones. However, as per the latest updates, all future updates (to the remaining Google services) will stop gradually from both existing as well as future Huawei phones.
For Huawei users’ questions regarding our steps to comply w/ the recent US government actions: We assure you while we are complying with all US gov’t requirements, services like Google Play & security from Google Play Protect will keep functioning on your existing Huawei device.
— Android (@Android) May 20, 2019
- Talking about updates, Chinese giant Huawei can only be able to provide updates to their smartphone only when the AOSP will receive an update for the same.
- Since past few months, Huawei has experienced continuous pressure from President Trump over use of their technologies and equipment which might be used by the Chinese govt. to spy on American networks.
- The Google ban Huawei row can be one of the major outbreak of using Chinese technologies extensively.
- In fact, in 2018, US intelligence agencies have issued warnings over the use of Huawei and ZTE devices.
- Furthermore, few US politicians have even described Huawei as “effectively an arm of Chinese government.“
- As per Nikkei, German chip designer Infineon Technologies also terminated all future shipments to Huawei, including US memory chip makers Micron Technology and Western Digital.
- Since past few months, Huawei has been trying to develop its own Android alternatives for situation like this. However, after Google ban Huawei, things might go freaking wrong for the Chinese tech giant.
ALSO SEE “HUAWEI MATE 10 AND MATE 20 PRO REVIEW“
Google Ban Huawei: Major Questions Answered
What will happen to existing (or future) Huawei/Honor devices ?
As mentioned above, the existing as well as future Huawei (or Honor) devices will face restriction with the use of Play Store and similar core services. However, Huawei can still use Android as a open-source project, just not receiving any updates directly from the Google data centers. Also, particularly, if you’re a Huawei smartphone consumer living in US region, things will come out soon for you rather than the one in Asia/Pacific region.
How about Google’s Android services ?
The exact and final decision is yet to be made at Google against Huawei internally. However, this Google ban Huawei move will surely prevent the Chinese giant to provide future security updates to all ther Huawei phones. Although, security updates are part of AOSP and are still accessible to Huawei. Android’s system WebView is updated via Google Play Store, therefore, Play Protect being the part of Google’s Android services.
MUST SEE “FEATURE-PACKED HONOR SMARTPHONES IN INDIA“
What will happen to the Huawei Smartphone Business in the US and around the World, except China ?
Following the prevention of Huawei from using core Android services, its gonna be a sure-shot critical blow to Huawei. Few options left for Huawei is to partner with non-American companies (following their consent), and try build strong alternatives to necessary Google’s apps. However, for most consumers out there, the lack of Play Store access in a Huawei smartphone would be a huge deal breaker for the company. As for now, Huawei is the second largest smartphone brand just behind Samsung. Also, in the US, Huawei stands in the second position after Apple.
I hope the above mentioned information is helpful to you, please do leave your thoughts/opinions about the Google ban Huawei issue. Also, do let us know below what are you gonna do if you own a Huawei/Honor devices ?
Stay tuned SACHNIKH for more updates!